Sunday, October 20, 2019

9.3 Green Chemistry


Green chemistry seems great! How have I never heard of it before? Since I first started reading about chemicals, I have wondered why we haven't developed new safer alternatives. It's awesome to know that there is a field dedicated to it and that I just wasn't aware. I think the 12 principles of Green Chemistry and great, but I'm wondering what products have they created already if any? How long is the process of creating a new product? More importantly, how expensive is it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorena,

    This would be a new revolution on chemicals substances if all harmful chemicals could be changed with new "green chemicals". I have recently heard that some countries are changing the plastic bags with the "Solubag", a biodegradable and non-polling soluble bag that's made from plastic-free materials. It is also called the oil-free bag which is made from polyvinyl alcohol and uses limeston as raw materials which is non-toxic bag dissolves in water within 5 minutes.

    Thank you,
    Sayed

    ReplyDelete