Sunday, November 24, 2019

Final Blog

When I first decided on majoring in Public Health, it was due to my interest in communicable diseases. The environmental aspect of public health had crossed my mind but not my interest. This class changed my thinking. I leave this class with a newfound interest but also with a sense of profound sadness. It's heartbreaking how much damage we are doing to ourselves and the environment. It is even more heartbreaking that most of the effects of environmental toxins are harmful to those who are the most defenseless- babies in utero. This class taught me a lot, such as the importance of being a better consumer, but more importantly how to protect myself and *baby* if I were to ever get pregnant.

I have no critiques for the class other than fewer blogs, haha. Dr. Sattler did an amazing job and I'm glad I took this class with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment